SSS Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart

This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is so appropriate, given that Valentine's Day is right around the corner!  Those of you who have been keeping up with me on Instagram have probably noticed that I've been having a blast prepping for the heart filled festivity since Christmas!  So when I saw that the SSS Challenge of the week was "Have A Heart", I knew I had to partake! If you'd like to check out the challenge, here's the link.  There are still a couple of sleeps left if you'd like to join in!

Here is my entry for the week:


I started this card by die cutting my card face with my Simon Says Stamp Stitched dies and then die cut my hearts out.  I then assembled my shaker background with some clear and red sparkles that I have kicking around.  I've also done a light ink rub with my Mama Elephant apricot pigment ink on my background and on the scalloped side border.  Lastly, I affixed my coloured couple and the sentiment with some foam tape to give them a tad more dimension.


I love that I was able to make this a textured shaker card with the heart cutouts in the background but also love this amazing digi stamp I found at The Greeting Farm.  The little couple are just so adorable and are allowing me to work on my Spectrum Noir colouring skills.

Here's hoping you're also having a blast prepping for Valentine's Day.  I love making handmade valentines and treat boxes.  What kind of Valentine's projects are you up to?  

With love,


4 comments:

  1. A fabulous shaker card Lolo, a lovely design and embossed and inked background - your image is adorable and beautiful colouring!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! The colouring is definitely a work in progress but I greatly appreciate the support :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Great card - love the texture and gorgeous images.
    Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98