Ellie's Debut!

Hi there!

How about an evening post?  Sound good? Great!  This weekend literally whooshed by (which is why I find myself typing as I eat my dinner).  At least here on the west coast I've got a few more minutes to get ready for the week right?  Okay, enough of that.  

The best part of this super busy weekend was my uber productive crafty Saturday!  Some days it just feels like the creativity will never stop and I'm glad it didn't because I was FINALLY able to get Ellie onto a card.  When I found the WPlus 9 Unforgettable stamp set in stock, I knew I had to bring it home before it went out of stock again and I'm so glad I did.  This set has so many fun little stamps which can be used on so many other cards but my heard definitely lies with the three elephant stamps.  I'm really loving this little guy so I had to make sure that whatever card he ended up on was fantastic.  Well, here's Ellie!



I heat embossed Ellie's balloon with some gold embossing powder and then water coloured the balloon with some pearlescent watercolors.  Unfortunately the beautiful sheen doesn't come through in the pictures so you'll just have to imagine that part.  I also gold embossed a little vellum party hat for him.



For the background I've used my mini ink blending tool to blend out two shades of blue for a gradient sky.  Then I've die cut some clouds out of white card stock and vellum and layered them over my ink blended background.  For my lower card base, I used the partial die cut technique to create a vellum cloud line with my individual cloud dies.  Once done, I stamped my sentiment in blue pigment ink and heat embossed it with my kaleidoscope embossing powder.  I just love the sparkle it adds to this card.  Lastly, I popped Ellie and his balloon up with some foam tape to create some shadows.  And there you have it!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend and am looking forward to sharing some more of my weekend creations with you.

This card is being entered into the following Challenges:
Please click the links above to learn more about these challenges and the wonderful folks who run them!

Thanks so much for stopping by this evening.  Wishing you an amazing week!  

Sending hugs until next time,



4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! Love the little elephant. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Lolo! super cute card, he is adorable...I am so thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Teresa :) Sorry it took me so long to get here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98