Hugs... again!

Happy Thursday!

We've almost made it through another week!  Good work!

I've been feeling a tad technique starved lately so I decided to dig back in my bookmarks and pull out something I've been wanting to try.  Thankfully, Jennifer McGuire always has something new for me to play around with!  Seriously, if you don't know about her yet and love techniques, go and check her out!  A couple of months ago I came across her partial die cut borders video and have had it in the back of my mind.  I think i've been waiting for the right die to inspire me.  *Insert those Papertrey Hugs from my last post here!*  

It took me a bit to figure out the proper placement of the paper and die on my cutting plate because my plates have a bit of a slope on the ends.  I will note that anything on the slope didn't cut, but did do a deep impression so if you're wanting a technique that is truer to Jennifer's, make sure your paper and die is off of the cutting plate completely in the areas you don't want to cut/impress.  Here's an in the works shot for you..


Once I was done piercing out all of the little details, I used my Mama Elephant Apricot ink to blend a background on my card base so that my die cut Hugs would stand out in all it's detailed glory.


To ground my die cut, I added a strip of pink paper ribbon.  Below that I used a strip of double sided tape and the gold sprinkles from my Papertrey Ink Shakers + Sprinkles set.  This gold is so bright and textured and yummy!  I think its a bit of a shame to loose this in shaker cards so I think i'll be going the double-sided tape route with it from now on.  


I poured the sprinkles ontop of the tape and used a closed ink pad to lightly tap the gold down into the tape.  Next I shook the card over my work space (carefully so you don't lose any of that yummy gold!!) and flipped it over before pressing it into my workspace.  After one more shake to make sure all was adhered, I was good to go!!  

And of course we can't forget the inside.  I finished this one off with a sweet sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Big Hugs stamp set and a trim with that same pink paper ribbon from the card front.


Well that's it for me today.  If you decide to take a stab at this technique, let me know how it goes.  I loved trying this out and am looking at my die collection from a whole new perspective now!  Talk about stretching your products!

Challenges (Click on the link for all of the nitty-gritty and to join in yourself!!):


Wishing you a wonderful end to your work week and a fun-filled weekend.

With love,



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I love your "hugs" !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! I had a lot of fun getting all girly for this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98