Let's Celebrate!


Hey there!

Here on the west coast it's raining cats and dogs so we've had a lazy morning around here complete with pancakes and catching up on some tv shows.  But I couldn't let this day stay dull.  I knew I had to share a little sparkle with you.



A little while ago, Neat & Tangled had an Instagram sale (which by the way was amazing and intense! I definitely recommend checking out their next one).  I was lucky enough to pick up a few stamp sets which included the Party Dots stamp set.  I've had it sitting in my NBUS pile since it came in and just knew I had to pop it up with some gold embossing powder.


I embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set in the same embossing powder.  Next, I used my stitched rectangles dies to cut rectangles with my embossed card stock and a piece of vellum which I used to offset my card face.


I used some white card stock for my card base and cut a slightly smaller rectangle from some herringbone card stock to add some contrast.  I knew this card needed one more thing to finish it off, but I was finding sequins to be too heavy.  Then I pulled out this great gold thread that I had picked up but have yet to find a use for.  I'm so happy that I was able to make it work for this card.  So there you have it.  TWO NBUS products and a fun celebratory card to boot!

This card is being entered into the following Challenges:

Please click on the links above to learn more about these challenges and the wonderful folks who run them!

Supplies:
Dies: Simon Says Stamp, Stitched Rectangles
Stamps: Neat & Tangled, Party Dots (NBUS)
Inks: Versamark Watermark Ink
Paper: Vellum; s-e-i, Charlemagne 8x8 paper pad
Other: DMC Metallic Thread (NBUS)

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing some of your Sunday with me! Sending hugs until next time,



6 comments:

  1. stunning, luv the gold embossing! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is like an elegant evening gown with stunning gold jewelry! I love it, Lolo, and every aspect of the design!!

    I apologize for taking so long to get here to comment and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4. Life and Easter company got in the way! Thank you, too, for your kind words! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for stopping in and for the kind words. No apologies needed!! With the volume of entries you received its amazing that you've still managed to stop in :) Congrats on the stellar results! Looking forward to the next NBUS challenge!! Hugs back 'atcha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98