Thanks


Good morning,

Today I'd like to share another creation from the Stretch Your Dies, Online Card Class.  One of the days focused solely on border dies and border-less ways to use them.  I die cut a number of borders from some various shades of pink card stock and then played around layering them with each other until I had achieved an arrangement I was happy with. Once done, I applied some adhesive to some plain printer paper to serve as a backer to hold my strips together. Next, I took may paper-pieced sheet and ran it through my diecutting machine with my stitched circle die.


I adhered my circle to the right side of a white piece of card stock and then die cut that piece with a stitched rectangle die.  I shifted the die to the left so that my circle would only be partially included on the card face.


My sentiment was diecut from some dark pink and white card stock. I stacked my white sentiments on top of each other with a thin layer of glossy accents in between each to create a raised base for my pink sentiment.  Because the sentiment was the same shade as some of the diecut pieces, I didn't want it to blend into the background so when I adhered it to the white sentiments, I offset it slightly to create a shadow effect.

 
To finish it off and add a bit of pizazz, I added some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to my sentiment. For a little more sparkle, I placed a few lightly colored sequins trailing off above the sentiment. And there you have it!


This card is being entered into the following Challenge:
Please click on the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!



Supplies:
Dies - Simon Says Stamp, Stitched Rectangles; Simon Says Stamp, Stitched Circles; My Favorite Things, Die-namics Many Thanks; Sizzix Dies, Stephanie Barnard borders;
Other - Wink of Stella, clear; Ranger, Glossy Acccents; Recollections card stock, various; Neat and Tangled Sequins, Crystal Clear; Neat and Tangled Sequins, Pink Lemonade;


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Sending hugs until next time,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98