Some Star-ry Encouragement

Hi!

Thanks for stopping in!  I hope this post finds you surrounded by sunshine.  Here in Vancouver, it is a beautiful spring morning and I can't wait to get out there for a stroll.

Today's card is a quickie that I put together following a desire to do some ink blending.  I used some darker ink shades with my mini ink blending tool to make a night sky and then set the ink with my heat tool.


I wanted to add some brightness to the dark background so I used the starburst stamps from my Papertrey Ink Sprinkles + Shakers set to stamp some Versamark Watermark ink, which I then heat embossed with some white embossing powder.  Next, I die cut a rectangle from my background with the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies.


I wanted to create a window effect and so I cut a sheet of acetate with the largest of my Simon Says Stitched Rectangles dies and adhered it over my die cut background with little dabs of Ranger Multi-Mat Medium (over the starbursts to hide the adhesive).


The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant Up and Away stamp set and is stamped on the acetate using some white, Staz-On ink.  Lastly, I popped my card face up on a white, top-folding card with some foam tape - and there you have it!  This style could be used to make many many different types of cards and i'm excited to see what other looks I can achieve using this same technique.

Well i'm off now to get crafty in the kitchen, and prepare for another week!  Wishing you smiles and sunshine until next time.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98