The Best is Yet to Come


Good morning!

Today's post was inspired by some playtime I had with my Spectrum Noir markers. I've been doing a lot of ink blending with ink pads and my mini blending  tool but I wanted to see how nicely I could blend out a night sky using the Spectrum Noir. I'm glad I gave it a try because my colors ended up blending seamlessly and I was able to get a beautiful background. Once my ink  was dry I went ahead and stamped some small stars with some watermark ink and heat set them with some  gold embossing powder.


As part of the 30 day daily marker challenge I had colored a number of Ellies and so I thought I would use another one to add a smile to this card of encouragement. I decided to make this a shaker card and used my stitched circle dies to create the window in the front. I cut a rectangle out of some acetate to line the card front  and filled it in with some clear sparkles and some silver stars.



The face of my card is made with a Recollections card stock that has a bit of a translucent gold sheen over the front which lends a little more twinkle to this card, although it's not coming out in the in the photographs.


Once I had my shaker all set up with my sequins, I adhered it to the card base with some foam tape. To finish this one off,  I picked the sentiment and heat set it with some watermark ink and  silver embossing powder.

What have you created by accident when you were just playing around? I find I don't play enough (I always seem to have an idea in mind) but I'll have to do it more often.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:


Please click on the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!

Supplies:
Dies - WPlus9, Unforgettable; Simon Says Stamp, Stitched Circles;
Stamps - WPlus9, Unforgettable; Mama Elephant, Up and Away;
Inks - Spectrum Noir, Markers; Versamark Ink, Watermark;
Other - Recollections cardstock, white gold; Recollections 110lb cardstock, white; Acetate sheet; Recollections Embossing Powder, Gold Tinsel; Stamp n Stuff Embossing Powder, Silver;


Thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by! Sorry for the delay but I've been having technical difficulty with my comments.. grr :p

      Delete
  2. Love! The background is such a gorgeous shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That means a lot :) Thanks soo much for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Adorable shaker card! I love it! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely card!! Love it
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    Xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! I appreciate you stopping in! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my, this is SO CUTE!! Love your shaker element! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98