Thanks!

Well hello there!

I know, I know.... I've been a bit of a stranger. Sorry about that! I'm learning that this wedding business is very energy zapping. But at least it's all in the name of love and family and friends. Speaking of friends, we are extremely lucky to have some really amazing people in our lives.  Today's card is a gift card holder that I created for a friend who helped us bring our custom invitations to life.



He works in digital arts and printing so I wanted something masculine but really interesting. For some reason, that led me to the thought of spray paint which then directed me to my Heidi Swapp color spritz.


I used the red, the mustard seed and then the gold, sprayed onto the card at almost eye level. I did mask off the rest of the card to keep the design (although messy) looking really neat and clean. 


For the sentiment, I diecut a "happy script" die from Mama Elephant from black cardstock. I wanted it to line up cleanly with the edge of my card so I overhung the diecut slightly and trimmed the edge.  Next, I cut a strip of that same black cardstock and heat embossed the beginning of my sentiment in white.  I then cut the left edge of the strip to make a banner edge and adhered this strip to my card face using some foam tape for dimension.  Again, I left a bit of overhang on the right side so that I could hand trim this to line up with the edge of my card.

Thank you so much for stopping by and sorry again for the brief Houdini! As my wedding related projects ramp up (which will remain a secret until post-event) my crafty time has significantly decreased. So thank you for hanging in there and sticking this out with me. I'll post as often as I'm able for the next few months and then things will get back to normal :)

I hope you're all doing well and that your crafty tables are never neglected long enough to collect dust! Wishing you an amazing Wednesday and sending hugs.

~Lolo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98