A little wedding love

2015 has been a year of weddings around here. Now that our wedding is done we find ourselves in the midst of a number of close friends who are about to get hitched. This of course means cards! And lots of 'em. Today's card it is relatively simple and includes items from the Simon Says Stamp monthly card kit.


To create my background, I used the Mama Elephant Freestyle Florals and the Blush Pink SSS ink. In order to make sure my sentiment didn't fade into the background, I cut a small rectangle of SSS Fog cardstock and placed it in the centre of my stamped background panel.


My top panel was created using the same stamp set but instead of stamping it, this time I heat set the flowers with some white embossing powder. I did the same with my sentiment which is from the SSS Congratulations stamp set.


The grey panel allowed me to pop up my vellum without having any adhesive showing (there's foam tape under there).  Once assembled, I adhered my layers to a SSS Fog card base (ps - this is my first run with this paper and so far I'm in L-O-V-E). To finish it off and add some bling, I attached a few SSS sequins and there you have it - another wedding card for the wedding season!

This card is being entered into the following Challenges:

Please click the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!

Well, that's it for me. There will be many many more wedding cards in my future as we approach all of the festivities. What are some of your favorite stamp sets to use for wedding cards? I'd love to hear what inspires you!

Until next time, happy crafting!!

~ Lolo


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the grey underneath the stamped vellum. Beautiful. Enjoy your weddings as a guest :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98