Congratulations!

Good morning!

I hope you're doing well this morning and that the weekend treated you well.  I'm not sure about you, but with summer turning to fall, I've started craving color! Now keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of neutrals so it doesn't take much for me to feel color satisfied (lol). Today's card was created for some very dear friends on their wedding day!


I started this one off by loosely water coloring some pinks and peaches on a piece of Canson Watercolor paper. While I loved the colors, I knew I needed something else so after waiting for my piece to dry, I tapped some watercolor paints over it in white, peach and black. Once dry, I diecut my watercolor piece with the largest of the Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangles.


For my sentiment, I knew I wanted to go big with this Simon Says Stamp congratulations stamp. After stamping with Versamark ink on some Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock, I knew Ranger's Liquid Platinum would add the perfect soft metallic look to this beautiful sentiment. I then trimmed down my paper with a notch on the end to create a banner look.


I adhered the sentiment to the watercolor piece with some foam tape and then glued the whole piece on to my base which is made from Simon Says Stamp black cardstock. Last of all, I pulled out some clear and iridescent sequins of various sizes which I adhered around the face of the card.

This card is being entered into the following challenge:


Please click the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!

I hope you were inspired by today's card. If you are, I'd love to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting :)

~Lolo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98