Happy Holidays!

Hey!

So here's to getting back on the horse.  With Christmas around the corner, i've also been working on cards like crazy! Today's card was a quick one layer card that I created for my fashion-forward grandmother.


I really love how simple this was to create.  This one is staying local but it would have been easy to mail with no additional postage!  The background is blended with distress inks (picked raspberry, seedless preserves) using masking tape and my gridded paper pad to line everything up.


The sentiment is a beauty from WPlus9 and has graced the cover of many of my 2015 Christmas cards.  In order to keep my card base straight, I used my grid to tape down masking tape in quarter inch increments all the way around which allowed me to have a perfect white border all the way around and gives me this really clean frame.

Well, that's it for this one but i'll have a few more cards for you as we get closer to Christmas (can you believe we're 9 days out?!).  I hope the holiday season has inspired you to get inky and creative.

With love,



1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98